Monday, May 12, 2014

The Magic - by Rhonda Byrne - day 12

Day 12 - Magical People Who Made a Difference

With our Day 12 lesson of The Magic we were to think of 3 people who made a difference in our life.  You were to think about what it is specifically that they did to make a difference in your life and then imagine yourself having a conversation with them to tell them how grateful you are for their influence.

So for my 3 people, I chose my grandma (RIP), my mom and my dad

Grandma:
Hi Grandma, I just wanted to thank you for your influence of having an open house on me.  I always saw that you were so welcoming (to everyone....literally) into your house.  Everyone in the neighborhood knew that if they were hungry, that you would feed them...and without hesitation.  And the food was delicious as well!  So today, I thank you for instilling that in me.  I love to cook and feed people.  I always say that you  will always remember the joyous occasions, and also what you were eating during those occasions. You instilled this in my oldest sister as well...Thank you Grandma! I bet your probably trying to feed the angels in heaven :)

My Mamacita:
Mom, I thank you for always pushing me to be a better person.  Thank you for letting me know that I didnt have to be mediocre and that I could be anything that I wanted.  Thank you for challenging me to get better grades and a better education.  I remember when I graduated from college I told you that this wouldnt be my last degree, and I meant it.  With your encouragement and love, I went on to get a law degree and become a licensed attorney in 2 states.  Thank you mamacita!

My Papichulo:
Dad, I thank you for being around. So many children grow up without fathers, but you ensured that you were always present in my life.  From listening to me complain about mom's rules, to us doing yard work together, to us just having a good old fashioned talk about any and everything under the sky.  Thank you for raising me up in the church and with Godly principles.  Thank you dad!

Heres what i'm grateful for today:

1) The internet - the cable company was working on it all day today and I work from home, so that made it hard.  I am thankful that the internet is back up and running.
2) I am thankful that Starbucks has free internet.
3) I am thankful for the awesome tempura recipe that I found.  (I think im gonna do a blog post about that later)
4) I am thankful that a client signed up today.
5) I am thankful that I was able to send off the passport application to my mother in law so she can travel abroad.
6) I am thankful that my sister got a massage coupon from her employer.  We were talking last week about her job has been stressful lately.  I told her to be grateful that she has a job....and then this happens... magic!
7) I am thankful that I found odesk so that I can hire some SEO freelancers to work on my websites to get me top rankings on google for my targeted keywords.
8)  I am thankful for the feeling of "I finally know what I need to do" to be successful.
9) I am thankful for computers because my handwriting is not that great.
10) I am thankful that you can stack manufacturers coupons, Target coupons, text message coupons, and cartwheel offers at Target.  (its a couponing thing, lol)

So.... i'm dying to hear.... what are you thankful for today?

xoxoxox,


Tatiana

0 comments:

Post a Comment