Tuesday, May 6, 2014

The Magic - by Rhonda Byrne - day 6

For day 6 of The Magic by Rhonda Byrne we are to focus our gratitude on our jobs.  This one is a big one for me.  Although I am an attorney, my income has not been at the level upon where I wanted it to be. (or people would guess it was as a self-employed attorney, lol).  So i'm guessing that my income has been in proportion to my gratitude.  If you would have asked me last month, am I grateful for my job.  I would have told you that I love my career and being self-employed.  But then shortly after that, I probably would have went into my usual spill of how I wish my volume was higher, income was higher, clients didnt no-show etc....

Since I have started The Magic (I know its only been 6 days), i've been really conscious of my words and thoughts.  I was actually kind of proud of myself yesterday.  I had a client call me at 5:02 p.m. and ask could he meet with me.  So I told him I would meet with him at 6:00.  I was working from home yesterday, so I agreed to meet him at our local Starbucks.  So I got dressed and arrived at Starbucks maybe 10 minutes before him.  He then came in and asked me about my prices again (we already discussed them on the phone) and said that he had talked to an attorney 30 minutes ago and they told him they could do it with no money up front.  Since I've been listening to Shanel Cooper Sykes as well and the lesson I heard yesterday from her was about knowing your value, there was no way that I was going to agree to do a full bankruptcy petition for him without ANY MONEY.  I value my services too much for that.  So I handed him my business card, advised him to check out the business on yelp, google and the state bar and we parted ways.  I ran some errands and then when I came home my husband asked me how did my meeting go.  I told him that it was the fastest meeting I ever had.  He said was that a good thing or a bad thing.  I told him that I didnt end up wasting any time and he said he was sorry for what happened.  I told him dont be sorry, GOD will give me 10 more clients to replace him. 

Ordinarily, that conversation would have went a little like this.  He knew what my prices were, if he wasnt sure that he wanted to sign up with me, then he should not have wasted my time and gas money, and it would have put me in a bad mood for the rest of the evening.

But because I have been monitoring my thoughts and actions, that was the thing that I rubbed my gratitude rock for at bedtime and said was the best part of my day. I was grateful that I had a client that spoke with me on the phone. He complemented me by saying I was actually a counselor and not just trying to push his call to the side.  I was grateful that this client wanted to meet with me immediately after talking with me on the phone.  Thats why I was grateful.  Because I am grateful for those things, I know that in the future, I will have clients that will call and talk to me on the phone, be grateful for the things that I told them and be ready to meet with me and retain my office immediately.  They will be so happy with their experience, that they will refer their friends and family members to me. 

So I said all of that to say, that now, when you ask me if I am happy with my job, I will say yes, and go into a soliloquy of the things that I am grateful for and will not even allow a complaint to have the chance to rear its ugly  head.

My business will grow.  I will no longer struggle.  I will be financially secure.  This I know and have faith that it will happen... excuse me present tense... My business is growing tremendously, I no longer struggle, I am financially secure.  I am a money magnet.  Money comes to me easily.

So what am I grateful for today:
1) I filed my first motion to strip a lien so my client wont have to pay the full debt amount on his already underwater mortgage.
2) I am grateful for my career because it allows me to help people.
3) I am grateful for my legal and real estate licenses because they allow me to work legally.
4) I am grateful for my husband who works as my receptionist because he can screen my calls so I can prioritize my tasks.
5) I totally skipped 5 & 6 on my notebook.... so lets freestyle.  I am grateful for a nice office where my clients dont feel like they are in the hood, and they have room to bring their support system along with them (which is a plus in los angeles)
6) I am grateful for the types of law I practice, because its not a "win or lose" type of law which is good, because I dont like to lose.
7) I am thankful for my "party girl" because she runs my 2nd office and helps me with all my hispanic clients.  Also, because she is the one that introduced me to Kangen Water which is a cancer fighting machine! (my distributor ID # is 7290043)
8) I am thankful for my office space because it allows me to have a place to meet with my clients in a professional manner and get work done.
9) I am thankful for my past, current & future clients, because they are part of my livelihood.
10) I am grateful for printers, computer, phones, copiers and the internet, because they are a time/life saver.

So what are you grateful for with regards to your job?  Let me know what you think.

xoxoxoxo,


Tatiana

0 comments:

Post a Comment