Saturday, May 18, 2013

May 2013 Curlbox






The May 2013 Curlbox contents were:
Motions - Radiating gloss  (approx $6.49 at walgreens)
Carols Daughter - Repairing Monoi Mask - 2 oz (guesstimating approx $8)
Lustrasilk - Curl Max Deep Penetrating Conditioner and (approx $6)
creme of nature - conditioner and shampoo samples (guesstimating approx $3)

I wanted to try to incorporate the May 2013 curlbox ingredients into today's wash day using my new regimen. So, I was at Target today and I found this Shea Moisture Co-Wash Conditioning Cleanser on clearance.  $8.99 when its normally $11.99. (they had a few other shea moisture products on clearance too - but I was already over budget after throwing the Alba Botanica shampoo/conditioner in my cart) So I used this to Co-wash my hair. 

I believe that both of the conditioners that we received this month were protein, but i'm not 100% sure.  So after co-washing my hair, I then put the Lustrasilk Deep penetrating conditioner on my hair.  Like I said, I believed it to be a protein conditioner because of some of the ingredients (Amino acids, Keratin etc.), but protein conditioners normally make my hair hard, and this one didnt.  (maybe its a light protein?) So just in case it was a protein, I followed up with my favorite moisturizing deep conditioner - Elasta QP Soy Oyl.  While deep conditioning, I decided to watch a few youtube videos and decided that I would try to 2-strand twist with curlers my 9 months transitioning hair.  I followed the rest of my regimen and then began to try to style it.

I am NOT anywhere blessed in the hair styling department, but I figured I need to at least start TRYING to be able to do something with my hair.  But best believe, if its not looking right before church tomorrow, I am armed with my oh so cute wig.

When I take my 2 strand twists down tomorrow, I will use a lil bit of the Motions radiating gloss.  I'm not optimistic that it will look cute, knowing my abilities, but they say practice makes perfect, and so does a good wig lol.

Did you get a curl box?  Are you feeling the price increase to $25?  I'm guesstimating the products to be about $23-25 worth, so I think with shipping we got our moneys worth.... whatdaya think?

Feel free to comment guys!

xoxoxo,

Tatiana

1 comment:

  1. I am now using the Lustrasilk Curl Max Deep Penetrating Conditioner and it is not a good fit for my hair. Smells lovely. It doesn't provide the condition that I need.

    ReplyDelete