Wednesday, May 15, 2013

I came, I saw, I conquered - running my 1st 5k.

Anybody that knows me, knows that this face totally describes my feeling of  "OMG, I have to run a 5k race.....today?"


I am TOTALLY NOT a runner.  But my best friend was flying in from North Carolina to see me and so I agreed to torture myself run a 5k with her.

As you can see - she's happy to run this race.


The race that we ran was the Girls on the Go 5k and it was held down in beautiful San Diego.  She flew in Thursday night, and we headed to San Diego on Friday so we could check into our hotel before the race on Saturday (and shop!)

Turns out, Mission Valley is not the same as Mission Bay (or Mission Beach) - and I booked the wrong hotel location, but the Hilton let us transfer to the hotel that was actually hosting the race for a slight (o.k, not so slight) fee increase.  But the hotel was a 2 minute walk from the race and it was like a resort - very nice!

Hmmm...did I train? Good question. I was doing the couch 2 5k program, and I was on week 3 when the race started.  (but I prolly shoulda been on week 5).

So long story short.... we conquered.




I ended up running it in 41:48 which is a pace of 13:26 per mile.  Not bad, not good.  I was #270 out of 493 participants.

I cant say that i've got the running bug, but since my bestie gave me some running shorts, I better use them (at least once).

Oh, and I forgot running a 5k was on my bucket list - I can scratch that off...Have you checked out my bucket list?  
Love,

Tatiana!

0 comments:

Post a Comment