Tuesday, January 1, 2013

My journey to motherhood: Prenatal

We're officially trying to conceive - (I think, lol)



 http://clutchmag.s3.amazonaws.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/pregnant-black-woman.jpg



I am now beginning to start this journey towards motherhood.  I think that im finally mentally ready, which hasn't been easy.  But since im 31, I figured it was time to get the mental ready, before the physical was no longer capable, lol.  So we are now trying to conceive (TTC)

I always told myself that because I grew up in a home and my husband grew up in a home, we wanted to wait till we had a house, before we had kids.  Well, we closed on the house back in September 2011, so, i have no more excuses, lol.

So, as a future mother, I want to be the perfect (ok semi-perfect), host for this lil creature, lol, so what am I doing?  Well, i've been religiously taking my pre-natal pills since September because i've been off the pill since then, and if I were to get pregnant, I am trying to knock out any chances of the child getting spina bifida, neural tube defects, or any other folic acid-deficiency related issues. My newest pre-natal pill has DHA as well, which is also good for something, im sure. :)
         s/n Walgreens has the brainstrong prenatal pills for $10 this week, with your walgreens card, and then
         you get back $10 in register rewards (or whatever their called at Walgreens), making them free.
         then they have a $4 off coupon in their vitamin and supplements booklet (right over by the vitamins)
         which makes the deal not only free, but a $4 money maker.  :)   Lets just stay, I stocked up.

I have also been juicing.  I love fresh fruit juice and am learning to love fresh vegetable juices.  I have been slacking on my pimping a lot lately, but I need to go purchase a bunch of fresh fruit and vegetables.  My church is also about to go on a fast, and so I believe that juicing during that time will be a nice detox as well.  (if i can make it pass 4 hours of juicing, lol).

I had lost over 20 pounds last year, but I found them again.  So I need to start back exercising and eating healthier.  Next topic, lol.

Then, of course, more sex :)  Seeming as we are just now starting off with TTC, and time is not of the essence just yet, I will not be using ovulation predictors/calculators etc.  I just want to enjoy the process for the time being.  Maybe if by January 2014, we still aren't pregnant, then o.k., time to look towards science, but till then, we'll just keep practicing.

Besos!

Tatiana

0 comments:

Post a Comment